Sunday, October 14, 2018

Breathe

Breathe

I was told it was easy
To put one foot in front of the other
That is not easy
That is the most difficult thing to do
I can’t even catch my breath
I can’t vocalize a coherent thought
Put one foot in front of the other
That takes effort and energy
Both of which I do not possess
It takes hunger and drive
Of which I have never had
I will focus on breathing
Lungs expanding
Then contracting
They said it was natural
We do it without being aware
I am aware of every pain
Of every pull
Of every tug
Breathing
First I need to learn to breathe
Then we will work on my feet

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Know What That Means- By: Kelli J Gavin for Writers Unite!

I Know What That Means By: Kelli J Gavin After my family moved to Minneapolis three years ago, my parents refused to visit us in our ne...