Monday, August 21, 2017

Restore Not Replace

Your whiskers have been cut, damaged, torn from the root. Your surroundings have been unsettled, tossed even destroyed with no hope of restoration. Struggling to firmly plant feet that used to know the way. Feet that once lead you on adventure,  to places unknown, locations you didn't know you needed to dwell. You retreat as the fear surrounds you, overtakes you, drowns you. Your once fierce presence has been diminished into a person that hides, cowers and often flees. I will lead you until you to return to that once strong, sometimes overwhelming pillar of strength. -

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Know What That Means- By: Kelli J Gavin for Writers Unite!

I Know What That Means By: Kelli J Gavin After my family moved to Minneapolis three years ago, my parents refused to visit us in our ne...