Friday, August 25, 2017

Feeble and Awkward

Woke this morning fully aware that it is Friday. I am so glad it is the weekend. But then I remembered Monday is coming. My daughter will start school. My anxious heart peaked. I am thrilled she is going back to school, believe she will have a great year and am glad to return to my fall work schedule. But also returning to school means homework, frustration and often tears. My sweet girl struggles. She struggles with homework. And feeling overwhelmed. She can't just focus on one homework question at a time. She sees page after page and she starts fighting tears.

God, I don't feel equipped on the best of days to parent a high energy, full of life little girl. I know that if I stay calm, she will stay calm. And we can get the work done together. Lord, help me stay calm, help me use kind words and help me help my sweet girl have a great year. I can't do this without You. In times of strife, help me find my Joy in You. Help me know that the Joy of the Lord is my strength.  Remind me that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Lord, thank you for being A God who hears my feeble and awkward prayers. Help me honor You, bring glory to You and point my kid to the Cross daily. In Your Mighty Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Know What That Means- By: Kelli J Gavin for Writers Unite!

I Know What That Means By: Kelli J Gavin After my family moved to Minneapolis three years ago, my parents refused to visit us in our ne...