Saturday, September 30, 2017

Unscathed

I blame all of this on the lack of pumpkin spice coffee. I was cooking scalloped potatoes (top) and a ham (bottom) in casserole glass pans. I reached in to take out the potatoes and I heard a cracking noise. I realized what was happening shut my eyes, threw the potatoes on top of the stove and slammed the oven door shut with my knee. It still covered my entire kitchen with glass shards it happened so fast. Some big enough to carve your way out of Angola. The oven was smoking because all of the ham juice was then laying at the bottom of the oven. Shut it off, opened the windows. I had to shake the glass from my hair and clothing. Clean the floors, counters and sink and double check the carpet by the living room entrance.  So, I am thinking dinner is going to be delayed. Don't judge, those potatoes look amazing.

Josh came home from working all day and cleaned up all the glass for me. I used Awesome Orange, Dawn Dish Soap and Bar Keeper's Friend. No wait and wiped everything, grease and all,
 up immediately. And it looks brand new!

My kids thought it was ridiculously entertaining. Scary is  more like it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bags

I was thrilled when I realized I didn't have to race off anywhere this morning. I got the kids up and off to school and then had one ear...