Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Carbon Monoxide and Dryer Vents - I Ain't Got Time For That


I made a new friend today. His name is Paul. Paul told me to open all my basement windows and air out my house. No joke. Dryer wasn't drying for a few days. This coil was completely compressed and our basement was filling with carbon monoxide. For real. This also means that our carbon monoxide detectors aren't working. So he removed the compressed coil, verified restored heat flow and got it ready for Josh to replace and clean. (home service diagnostic and then fix or replace) (Easy to fix by replacing the coil venting and clean out the vents)  But the thing is, Paul reassured me it is fine that the kids and I are home, that in a half hour , my house will be fine and aired out. And that new carbon monoxide detectors on every floor and in the laundry is the way to go. He didn't make it sound like I was stupid for not knowing this. He was kind, professional and extremely knowledgeable. Call Paul. He can be your friend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bags

I was thrilled when I realized I didn't have to race off anywhere this morning. I got the kids up and off to school and then had one ear...