Monday, September 18, 2017

Electric Tea Kettles and Electric Ovens

In the kitchen making muffins with Lily and brewing kombucha. (two tea kettles boiling water) "Mom, when you were a little kid, did you have electric tea kettles and an electric oven?" Because she for some reason believes that I am incredibly old, I replied, "Oh no honey. We were so poor and never had anything like that. We had a small fire pit in the front yard where we had to start a fire to cook or bake any food and where we would place the kettle on top of the bare coals. The back yard fire was where we went to warm up."

 If my child asks you the same question, you better keep my nonsense story going.🙄

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Know What That Means- By: Kelli J Gavin for Writers Unite!

I Know What That Means By: Kelli J Gavin After my family moved to Minneapolis three years ago, my parents refused to visit us in our ne...