Thursday, November 30, 2017

Bright Lipstick. Smirk Til It Hurts. Coffee. It All Matters.

Lily is sitting at the kitchen counter. Eating breakfast before school. She tells me she met her friend William's mom this week when she came in to help at school.

Lily: "She is beautiful. She has gorgeous braids up in a bun on top of her head and wears gorgeous red lipstick. You would really like her. I think you should be friends. You both love bright colored lipstick and smile out of the corner of your mouth."

Me: "Lily that is called a smirk. So you are telling me we should be friends because we both love bright lipstick and we smirk? I think we should have more in common if we are going to be friends."

Lily : "Well you both have amazing kids that go to school together and I think she likes coffee."

Me: "Well there you go. Get me her number. We will have coffee."

I firmly believe I am going to have a new friend by the end of the day. Possibly wearing bright lipstick and carrying a large 24 oz. coffee tumbler.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Know What That Means- By: Kelli J Gavin for Writers Unite!

I Know What That Means By: Kelli J Gavin After my family moved to Minneapolis three years ago, my parents refused to visit us in our ne...