Saturday, November 25, 2017

And Happy Thanksgiving To You!

Me: Happy Thanksgiving Zach!
Zach: You're welcome mom!
Me: Thank you, but that isn't what you say when someone says that. You say Happy Thanksgiving in return.
Zach : You're welcome in return!
Me: No Zach, when I say to you Happy Thanksgiving, you say Happy Thanksgiving back to me.
Zach: Back to me.
Me: Not quite but I like it that you are trying. You will have lots of time to practice today.
Zach: Mom! 🙄 I don't want to practice.
Me: Whatever. I love you.

Five minutes later Zach is watching the parade on TV and news anchor says:
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Zach: And Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!
🙃

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Know What That Means- By: Kelli J Gavin for Writers Unite!

I Know What That Means By: Kelli J Gavin After my family moved to Minneapolis three years ago, my parents refused to visit us in our ne...