Friday, August 9, 2019

Notice


It is true. I am a noticer. The one that notices more than I sometimes care to admit.

I notice when a smile doesn't quite reach someone's eyes.

I notice when a smile is shared only because one was offered.

I notice when someone lets go first when I hug them.

I notice when I am the one that always initiates text messages.

I notice when someone is no longer included in group invitations to participate in activities.

I notice when friendships have played their course and one friend is still holding on for dear life.

I notice when someone hates their job, but sticks with it as the burden of supporting their family is a driving force.

I notice when children are lonely and wish for more friends and a listening ear.

I notice when I wear out my friends with conversation.

I notice when I have hurt my daughter yet again when disciplining her and my words have been too harsh.

I notice how my husband easily collapses into the comfort of my arms when he returns from another endless challenging day at work.

I notice the joy that others take when they are gifted with the company of my son.

I notice the light that now has gone dim in the eyes of someone who has given up on their goal or their dreams.

I notice the joy of someone who has realized they are not alone.

I notice the turmoil in a person's heart when they discover their marriage isn't a marriage any longer.

I notice the love exchanged in just a look.

I notice the excitement of parents who have children returning to school very soon.

I notice the dread on children's faces when they realize school starts in just a few short weeks.

I notice the happiness that washes over someone when they are finally included.

I am the noticer. The one that notices more than I sometimes care to admit.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bags

I was thrilled when I realized I didn't have to race off anywhere this morning. I got the kids up and off to school and then had one ear...