Saturday, December 1, 2018

Donation Requests

Hi friends! The kids and I are ready to start our collection drive! This is a list of what is needed:
Winter Jackets
Hats and Scarves
Mittens and Gloves
Boots
(All in good working order without stains, broken zippers, or holes. The items need to be wearable immediately.)
Canned goods
Boxed food
Boxed cereal
Peanut Butter
Jelly
Honey
Ramen Noodle
Rice
(We are not able to accept perishable items or items that need to be refrigerated or frozen.)
I will have a bin on my porch starting Saturday morning marked Clothing & Food Donations. Please message me for my address. I will also be at the Chaska Library Saturday morning from 10:45 a.m. til 11:30 a.m. And at first service Grace Church Chaska Campus on Sunday morning for drop offs.
Food donations will be kept in Carver and Chaska for underserved residents. Winter Wear will be donated to The Community Clothing Closet at Grace Church Eden Prairie.
This is the perfect way to give back to the local community in need.
Thank you in advance for your generous donations!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday, I put out this call for donations on Facebook. The kids and I participate in a collection/donation drive at least twice a year. My goal is to not only help those in need, but to also teach my kids about serving others.  Whether it is food or clothing, it is so easy to help. Clean out your pantry, clean out your closets and dressers, pick up a few items while at the store.  Not only are donations needed, they are so greatly appreciated by those that receive them. 
I am at the Chaska Library this morning. Yes, it is Saturday, and the kids and I are here every Saturday.  The kids and I ran a couple errands and went to the Girl Scout Christmas Boutique and the Auburn Homes Christmas Sale. We finished our shopping quickly and headed to the library.
I got the kids settled and found a couple of the items that I wanted to check out. I sat down to answer a few emails. I look up and I see the smiling face of Courtney Johnson, Mayor Elect of the City of Carver.  She has two bags in hand.  One with yams the other filled with scarves and winter wear.  What a fantastic first donation!  It was so encouraging to receive the first donation that will help those right here in our local community. 
 Thank you Courtney!
This is going to be a great month of serving others. When we help others, we often forget about what ails us. We forget about pain and heartache, we forget about our personal worries that sometimes plague us. We forget about what isn't okay in our corner of the world and focus on what is right when we help others. Don't let this month pass you by without donating your money, your time and your talents. Be creative.  And do it with a thankful heart. Thankful for what you do have. Thankful that you are in a position to help others. 
Thank you to each and every person that has reached out to me with questions about how to donate.  Together, our efforts will make a huge difference. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I Know What That Means- By: Kelli J Gavin for Writers Unite!

I Know What That Means By: Kelli J Gavin After my family moved to Minneapolis three years ago, my parents refused to visit us in our ne...