Thursday, March 29, 2018

More In Common Than Not

When I admire the rolling hills,
you believe they are only more mountains to climb.


When I am inspired by a new challenge,
you are overwhelmed by the simple aspects of each day.


When your heart becomes heavy and your breathing labored,
take a deep breath, and begin to hold every thought captive.


When I am surrounded by others and thrive on the company,
you often retreat and are invigorated by the solace.


When I am delighted at the idea of travel and exploring,
you find the only outings necessary are for groceries or work.


I wonder if you and I will ever meet in between.
If we will ever have more in common than not.


When I am enthralled by an audience and take the stage,
you explore the back recesses of a coffee shop no one frequents.


When my mind wanders and I brainstorm about the future,
you find ways to dive into bed just so each day will end.


When your heart becomes heavy and your breath labored,
take a deep breath, and begin to hold every thought captive.  


When I find myself enjoying friendships I never thought possible,
you draw your select few closer and avoid anyone new.


When I am filled with uncontainable joy and laugh freely,
you find unrestrained displays of emotion embarrassing.


I wonder if you and I will ever met in between.
If we will ever have more in common than not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Know What That Means- By: Kelli J Gavin for Writers Unite!

I Know What That Means By: Kelli J Gavin After my family moved to Minneapolis three years ago, my parents refused to visit us in our ne...