Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Pancake Bites

Today I made pancake bites.  Pancake bites with bananas and blueberries.  I had surgery 2 weeks ago tomorrow and this is the first thing that I have cooked or baked since.  Sure, it was only the gluten free mix and a cup of water, but I did add fruit, so that must count for something. I have made a sandwich, I have poured a bowl of cereal, I have warmed food up in the microwave, but today, I feel like I have conquered something.  Pancake bites.

In these past two weeks, I have read two books, watched 4 documentaries and watched maybe 6 movies. (The best being- Woman Walks Ahead.) I have edited 10 articles, written one article on Comfort Foods for an overseas website, and started proof reading submissions for a journal that I have been asked to serve as guest editor for the flash fiction section for the month of April. I have also taken 1482 naps.  I am so tired.  I have no energy whatsoever.  I am reminded daily that the exhaustion is just my body working very hard to heal itself.  Well, I would like some more healing to happen quickly. 

I also should tell you that I had to take a nap in between paragraph two and three while writing this blog post.

Each day I set a goal. Someday's it is practical things like,  shower before 10 am.  Or eat more protein. Monday, Tuesday and today, the goal was to try to figure out how to lay on couch without causing any pain.  That will also be my goal for Thursday since it hasn't happened yet.  I am also going to add -figure out how to load the dishwasher and front loading washing machine.  (I am not joking.) 

Every day, I try to do a little something.  Separate three loads of laundry with Lily.  Play a game with Zach.  Load the dishwasher.  Change the tablecloth on the dining room table.  Just something.  There are a million other things that need to be done, but I feel a great sense of accomplishment when I do any of these things. Today, it was pancake bites. Breakfast for tomorrow has already been made.  Done.

Tomorrow, I might even wow myself.  Dust the mantle. Read another book.  Watch another movie.  But by Sunday, I want to have driven the car at least around the neighborhood.  That is my new big goal and I am sticking to it.

Check back with me next week. I might have even gone and made some actual pancakes by then. Probably not.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Know What That Means- By: Kelli J Gavin for Writers Unite!

I Know What That Means By: Kelli J Gavin After my family moved to Minneapolis three years ago, my parents refused to visit us in our ne...